View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
Juliealfies mum
YT 2000 Club Member

I think that the Scottish RSPCA ad a lot to do with it. I can remember as a child always going to the pet shop and seeing the puppies ,but this has been stopped for years, I have never heard of puppymills as such here, however sometimes I have heard of people buying a dog without seeing parents. One of my neighbours had this done to her , she was told to meet the breeder in a car park but the guy was coming over from Ireland on the ferry,but customs guys got him in the end. My neighbour still has her dog , who is a very large yorkie but he was so ill when she got him but she would not give him back.
There are a lot of , what you in the states call hobbie breeders but nothing on a really big scale and they are mostly good intentioned people.
Look at my Alfie, no papers , handsome, no health problems,weighs just under 7lbs but I met mum and dad .Lottie has loads of champions in her papers got her through the Kennel Club seen her mum , nice breeder very honest, she weighs under 5lbs ,good health,great nature. I'm not saying there is no bad breeders but I think the puppymillers have no hold over here.I think people would report them to the SRSPCA.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!