View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminvstr
you shouldnt be sorry you asked, it could be a silent heat, could be she pms's, could be she is a very light bleeder, could be she isnt in heat at all. Basis canine repoduction is the same whether its a Lab or a Yorkie a chi or a cocker...each bitch acts different...the male will tell you if and when she is ready not before just keep an eye out for bleeding...I have one bitch that lifts her leg on the males head just before she is going into full heat another that is very bitchy while in heat and sweet as pie once out...everyone is different. One thing you can depend on is a swollen vulva if its not swollen shes not in heat! I still say your husband can be a great help.
yes, he is a great help. I guess the thing that had me confused is because she has been real snappy lately but tonight she was prancing that little butt around him and when he sniffed she threw that little tail up and over to the side. I knew she wasn't swollen. She is giving him signals tho. he isn't at all interested this week. last week, if she had switched that tail over, he wuld have been right there LOl. i know hubby and I will fight when I ever do have puppies because he will want to do it "his way" and I will do it the way I have learned from all you. It will be a party round here for sure.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!