View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #13
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsky
Thank you very much. Looking back on what I posted I'm a bit embarrassed. I didn't mean for it to be a sob story...I am truly blessed in my life and am happy and glad to be alive! But there are tons of people who's struggle would be greatly diminished if they were allowed an ESA.

So many people have laughed at me....LAUGHED at me about this!! They think people who try to have ESA's are just trying to get a "free pass" to take their dogs everywhere. AAgghg..it drives me crazy.

But I don't blame anyone for wanting to bring their poochies everywhere...who wouldn't want to!! They're all so cute and make such good shopping and dining companions!
Wow - your posts blow me away. What an intelligent, sensitive and reality based person you are. I have a sister who has struggled her entire life (53) like you have and both she and you have more courage and determination than most "sane" people. I laughingly use the word "sane" because in reality who really is. My sister is also very intelligent (she has her PHD) but it doesn't mean much if her body let's her down and becomes unbalanced (thank God for medicine that can help her). I am also thrilled to see you talk about this because far to long these illness's have been kept in the closet and never discussed and some how you have been made to feel less than - when you didn't chose this path. It is also interesting how in my family once the secrets started coming out about great aunts and uncles (suicides) severe depression grandparents and parents that we could see why my sister fights this battle every day of her life. Thank goodness she is in a really great place now and life is great for her.

Let me also say "Shame on people" who laugh or abuse the system and I can only say "what goes around, comes around". People have to move from "it's about me" to helping change the way we view our animals in our everyday world by legal means (get legislation changed) and not abusing a system that is trying to help people overcome many difficulties.

Now I will say this in regards to flying with your small animals - shame on the airlines for trying to make a lot of $$$ by charging $80 one way to fly your pet with you. Good gracious, if I am not over on the allowed carry on luggage then why should I have to pay $160 round trip to fly a 3 pound dog that will fit under the seat. It is situations like this that cause people to try and cheat the system.

I also know that many times I would love to take one of my little ones when I am doing my errands but I can't because of different stores I run in and out of. I totally get that the rules should be the same for everyone.

I love that members here would like to learn more about having their dogs be certified therapy dogs and working through the process. I think it is wonderful when people do this so they can bring joy and happiness to people in hospitals or senior homes.

Maybe one day, as a society, we will all understand the true value of animals in our daily life and the wonderful things they do to help us enjoy living. Maybe then I will no longer have to rescue one more dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!