View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

Default [News] Dolly Found! :)

YAY! Though the man did have to pay the reward money...
---
Dolly's back.
A 4-year-old Yorkshire terrier, stolen from her owner's convertible earlier this week, was safe and sound Thursday.

James Blake of Glendora was so devastated by the loss of Dolly that he paid a $1,000 reward to get her back.

A woman called him Wednesday afternoon and said she found the dog running around in Baldwin Park. They met at a burger joint, where she handed over Dolly and Blake paid the reward.

"I gave her the money and a little sermon. I said if she knew these people to tell them this was extortion,' Blake said.

Dolly was snatched Tuesday morning as Blake ate breakfast at Danny's Kosher Pickle Restaurant & Deli. A man got out of a van, went to Blake's Porsche, took the carrier containing Dolly and put it in the van, according to Covina Sgt. John Zumwalt.

The thieves broke the chain that attached her carrier to the car seat.

Blake, 80, said the resulting media attention Dolly made the papers, radio and TV made the dog too hot to handle.

"I think the thieves ended up with a hot dog in their hands,' he said.

Once back in his arms, Blake told Dolly this was all a nightmare. Dolly has been his constant companion since he bought her after the death of his wife.

"I got my dog back. I'll get by without the money,' he said.

Thursday afternoon found Dolly snoozing in her bed in Blake's office at Blake Paper Co. in Covina.

Blake said the outpouring of sympathy he got from people was heartwarming.

"People really care. I'm very happy about that,' he said.

At the deli, cook/cashier/catering manager Bennie Ruiz said he was glad Blake got his dog back.

"That was his only companion for years,' Ruiz said.

But just because Dolly's back doesn't mean this case of grand theft is over. Officers are still investigating. Anyone with information is asked to call Covina police at (626) 858-4413.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/Stor...514563,00.html
fasteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!