Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanababa
I have a Yorkie named GiGi, she is 11 yrs. old and the most prescious baby I have. She has slept with me all her life. Well you know the story when you own a Yorkie, they are our children.
GiGi has a growth on her spine and it has paralized her front legs. The vet says if he operates it still may not do any good. I have to hand feed her and and put her in differant positions all day and night. Not a very good quality way of life for her.Not being able to walk or anything. I pick her up and set her down in the grass to do her business. And all kinds of things like that. She also has arthritis in her front paws. People say to put her down, a very hard dicision, any advice from anyone? Thanks.
wow, i'm so sorry about your baby. Its tough when their front legs are paralyzed because you can't get them a cart like the ones for back legs. Or can you? is there so mething you can maybe build to help her move around? i wouldn't put her through the surgery. Its alot on a little old dog and it might not even work. However, i also wouldn't put her to sleep just yet if she's still enjoying life. If she's miserable, not eating, not wanting to do anything, the maybe it is time, but if she's still interested in at least 3 things (eating, wanting to play or wanting to go outside for walks) then she still wants to be alive. its a tough decision either way, but i would look into trying to build her something that will help her move.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!