Thread: I don't know??
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad I don't know??

Oscar started having diarrhea around noon yesterday - the first bm was quite runny but he only went once - didn't keep trying to go. The bm's following that were not quite as runny, more formed, but he still was obviously not feeling well. He had a hard time getting settled and was very restless... When he finally did get to sleep, he slept pretty well all day. This morning I've brought him to work with me and he's been running around like crazy like he usually does but he has had a tiny bm since we've been here and I noticed a small amount of blood in it - this is the first time I've seen blood in his poop and I don't know if this means it's something serious or if it's just because he's irritated down there from going more frequently. He didn't eat much yesterday afternoon but when he woke up from his long nap he ate his whole dinner and he's eaten this morning. I should also mention that he threw up once in the afternoon before he had his nap. He's still eating and drinking, should I be worried that something is going on? I'd really like to avoid a vet visit if possible... I see the vet more than I see my parents!

He's gotten diarrhea in the past, and it has cleared up on its own within a day or two (I don't like to change his food or administer drugs if it's not really necessary). I guess my main concern is for the blood in his stool...

Also.. this seems like a spontaneous occurance to me - he hasn't gotten into anything he shouldn't and he hasn't smelled any other dog's poop etc. while out on walks. Just came out of nowhere...

Any thoughts or suggestions on this??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!