Thread: Hawks
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #8
Stitches29
My Little Magwad

Big Bad Hawks

I agree with everyone here. The hawks are beautiful, but can be so dangerous to our babies. I never realized it until we got Maggie. Our property is fenced, with two Australian Cattle Dogs to protect it, but they can't protect the sky. I did purchase a retractable leash for Maggie, so she can at least run a little. The 4ft. leash was so restricting to her. Using a retractable leash you can let them explore and be normal. If a danger arises, you can reel them in faster than greased lighting. I know this works, because we have a lot of red tail and cooper hawks around our property. I always go out with her, and always on a leash. She has never been off the leash outside in her life, so she doesn't know the difference. She loves to run with the big dogs, so I try to keep up with her on the leash. Now that's a sight to see. She also has an outside exercise enclosure. My husband made a shade cloth top for it. We purchased the exercise enclosure at Petsmart. Also, purchased dishes that attach to the side walls. This way we can work in the yard and she can play in her enclosure with her toys. Its a great piece of mind, as well as freedom exercise for her.
Stitches29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!