Thread: Hawks
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Itspuppyluv
Gus Is The Fuss
Donating Member

Thumbs down Hawks

We've had posts about this already but I never really took it seriously until today. I live in area that does not have many wild animals. Rabbits and squirrels are about it. About six or seven years ago I saw this beautiful hawk. Just gorgeous, even more so because we just don't see them. I've only seen this one about ten times in all those years and only about three times close to my house. Well today (about 5:30) I was standing in the back yard about five feet away from Gus when I see a shadow on my house. I turn and look and it is this freaking hawk. He lands in the tree in my yard about twenty five feet up. Luckily Gus came to me when I called, sometimes he runs the other way. I don't want to be a drama queen, it wasn't like he swooped down and tried to take Gus but I am pretty sure Gus is what caught his attention. So now Gus has to be on the leash, right next to me, even in the back yard. He hates it, he keeps crying.
I just wanted to caution anyone who thinks it will never happen (like me) that it does.
PS Even though I would shoot the bird (sorry, but I would) if I could, I have to admit it was a sight to see. Flying it was completely silent and unbelievably graceful. If I ever get a picture I'll post it.

Itspuppyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!