View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
Jeannie38
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Another food question

I have two female yorkies, a five-year-old and a one-year-old. They are both very healthy, but with all the talk out there about packaged dog foods, I'm beginning to wonder just what exactly is the best for my little girls. A friend (with a English Springer Spaniel) swears by a raw diet. This dog was put on a raw diet because of allergy problems and he's doing much better now. You know the old saying about "if it's not broke, don't fix it", so maybe I should just leave well enough alone. My older Yorkie has developed a little bump on her back. We had a 14-year-old Maltese who had many of these bumps on him, and I'm hoping this does not occur with our Yorkies, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the food they are eating. I feed them a combination of Beneful and Purina One. I thought this was a good, reputable dog food company, but it seems I've heard some negative things about their food. Are there any Yorkie owners out there who feed their little ones a raw diet? If not that, what packaged food do you feel is the best? Thanks very much.
Jeannie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!