View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
megan_kat22
I love my boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom
I have a treadmill and my Chattie and Peppy both LOVE to walk on it! Peppy, the little sweetie that he is will hop on the tread mill and sit down and look at me while I'm sewing as if to say, "Come on, Mommy, let's go for a walk."

We always start off very slowly so that they can get their footing secure (about .9 miles per hour, a snails' pace) and then gradually move it up to a maximum of 2.0 miles per hour when Peppy is on board (he is very small 3.8 lbs.). I let Peppy walk for about .25 mile and then slow it back down for a "cooldown" for Peppy. Then I pick Peppy up and he gets to "ride" while Chattie and I crank the treadmill up to about 2.5 mph (still slow) for another
.25 mile. When we get back down cooldown speed, Peppy gets to walk some more.

It takes some time and effort and a lot of patience to teach them, but it is GREAT. It works for us, we live in the country on a narrow cruvy road where people drive way too fast and many folks let their dogs roam free.
Wow! That sounds like SUCH a good idea! My 2 are terrified of ours because it makes scary noises lol. I may try to reintroduce them to it though, it sounds like a good thing! Besides... Tucker could use a workout every once in awhile...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!