View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Kizzy is 4 and 1/2 months old now. I dont remember exactly when I first tried to teach her stuff but maybe 2 months old, I got her at 6 weeks. She has been rolling over on command i know for 2 months. She will sit, lay down, get in her bed and lay down, play dead, speak, play fetch, she knows what no, stop, no biting, outside, teetee,means. If she goes into my computer room with a toy , i can say bring that toy right back in here and she will or I can say go get a toy and play and she will. If she hears ice coming out of the fridge she comes running or i can ask her if she wants ice and she goes to my fridge. I've always talked to her like a kid about this stuff and she just seems to know exactly what I mean. She knows what get down means too. Everyone tells me she is a smart little dog. I know she seems smart to me. She will also give me 5 and the last couple days I show her my tongue and ask show me your tongue and sometimes she does that. She is learning still but she pretty well knows what I tell her on most things. I am very very proud of her. she's never been to any training or anything. I have no kids at home. most times its just me and her till hubby gets in at night and weekends. So I have plenty of time to take up with her altho I havent tried teaching her anything lately but the tongue. Most things ive taught her to do, she knew it after 3 or 4 times seems like. So I actually think she is just a kinda naturally smart pup. she dont just do this for me. if other people come in or even kids, like my 6 yr old grandson and tell her to roll over she'll roll over or play dead(actually point ya finger and say bang, she falls down and rolls onto her back with paws up) she will do it for them too. So its words she knows, not any kind of hand motions. I know she has to be pretty smart because I've never tried to train dogs to do much other than sit or lay down or roll over. those are usually pretty easy to teach them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!