View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Bailey's Peeps
Senior Yorkie Talker

Bailey's firt trip to the groomer was perfect - but not because we had the sense to ask the right questions or give the right instructions. We happened upon a groomer that had 5 Yorkies of her own - and she had pictures of them up beside the reception desk.

After comparing our experience with some of the things I've heard of on YT, I would suggest to new Yorkie owners - DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING. (1) Ask lots of questions about the groomer's experience WITH YORKIES. Pictures would be very good to back up what they say about their experience; and (2) be very clear in your instructions about how much you want taken off (or how much you want left) on what part of the body. If you can't tell them what you want, you can't really be too upset over their not giving you what you want. All that may not assure you of getting what you want, but responsible groomers (like YorkieRose) will certainly be able to follow your instructions - or have the sense to ask questions about points that are uncertain.

By the way, the damage always looks worse to those of us closest to the "victim." Your pup is still a cutie - just not cute the way you're used to seeing her. Also, I'd guess that her depression is probably due to an unpleasant experience at the groomer or she's picking up on your depression/anger/frustration over the experience.
Bailey's Peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!