View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
DazzlinYT
YT Addict

The YT Standard says "docked to a medium length" in the US. No one is going to stand outside the ring with a Gun and tell you you can't enter the ring if you have a dog with an undocked tail, however it most likely won't win. The judging of the breed is to compare each exhibited dog to the likeness of the breed standard, and when the standard calls for a docked tail, then that is PART of the standard the judge is looking for, thus an undocked tail would be a fault. I have heard of some dogs finishing in Canada with undocked tails. Some in the US show dogs with undocked tails, but I've not heard of one finishing its championship, I could always be wrong though. PERSONALLY.. I don't mind the tail, one way or the other, if it were optional in the standard, it wouldn't make me cry...but as long as it is not optional, I will continue to dock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143
I know that not too long ago that dog shows have accepted dogs with natural ears that are normally cropped such as dobermans and great danes. My question is would they accept a dog with undocked tail?? Since they accept dogs with natural ears why coulden't that accept dogs with undocked tails for those who are against ear cropping and tail docking??? To me it does not matter, I am confortable with either but for those who don't believe in it would not be able to show their dogs if it is not allowed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!