View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #11
Susanbee51
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzomadchic
Help!! I will be taking her asap to the vet but can anybody give me any idea whats in the future for us? My 2yr old yorkie/rat terrier is pregnant by my boyfriends Australian Cattle Dog. We made sure to keep them apart but one night "It Happened". I felt so bad for her she is about 12 pounds and he about 45 pounds, she is probably between 30 and 45 days. Right now she is panting alot, tummy tight. Do I have an emergency! And will she be able to have these puppys? and how many? Help Please
I think I am a little confused here. She is between 30-45 days pregnant. That is big space in time. If you know when she was in heat, and you know when "It Happened", shouldn't you also know how far along she is?

I am not a breeder but common sense would tell me to get her to the vet as soon as it happened or to at least contact the vet to find out what needed to be done. My fear also would have been that during the breeding process, he could have hurt her beyond repair. I think I would have used a belly band or put a pad on the girl during the night to eliminate the possibility of them getting together. OR, put one or the other or both in a kennel when they were not being watched.

I hope you get her to the vet immediately and hope that she will be okay.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!