View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I had to rehome my playful, affectionate little Conure (a little parrot) because of my little Yorkie. This beautiful bird needed to be out of his cage everyday. He played on his playgym and rode around the house on my shoulder a lot. But everytime, he fluttered to the floor (he was clipped), in a split second, my little pup came from nowhere and was playfully right on top of him. After about 4 - very frightening episodes - I realized that my wonderful little pet bird just had to go to a safer home. Luckily, I found a wonderful new home for him where is he "as happy as a bird" -- with a stay-at-home mom, a new boyfriend, and several other bird friends.

My little Yorkie was never aggressive toward this bird, but just wanted to pounce on him and play with him --- like a toy..... still - this could have killed him just as quickly, and if anything had ever happened to him, I would never have forgiven myself.

NOW - we have two little parakeets - who live in their large cage 100% of the time. They are safe and happy and sing constantly. So - all is well at the zoo again.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!