View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
Twinkie_love
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Update on our new lab puppy

We finally got our little guy- which we have not found a name for him, on Thursday. He is an adorable yellow lab sweetheart.
When I went over to the breeder he was the first one coming out of the kennel as if he was waiting for us all along.
Unfortunately his first night was not as good as I thought. He was playful in the beginning and once he saw his reflexion in a window he went crazy. He was crying non-stop and we had to pet him and distract him a little bit from the idea of being away from his mommy and littermates. It was heart-breaking seeing him look in the window of his reflexion and crying because he missed his other home.
He also has diarrhea (pretty bad too) but I am assuming its from this huge transition he made and all the stress he is experiencing.
Twinkie my yorkie had the same reaction (diarrhea) when we first brought her home from the breeder. It took her about 2-3days to get over it and feel comfortable in our home.

Other than that he is a very sweet boy, cuddly and doing great with our Twinkie. He is kind of rough with her but they will both learn each other's limits I guess. They slept together these past two nights and I just found that adorable.
I was just wondering how did your furkids(yorkies or other breeds) react when you first brought them home from the breeder?
How long did it take for them to adjust to their new home (more or less).

Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!