View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Kizzys Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
We are getting our 2nd yorkie on Sunday...a baby girl...and I am having a hard time deciding what I am going to do with her during the day. We live in an apartment, so not only do we want what is best for the puppy, but we don't want either dog to bark. Hobbs, the yorkie we have now, is 8 months old, fully potty trained, and gets free run of the house during the day at the moment. He does not bark when he has free run of the house. These are the 2 options I am considering:

1. Put her in a large wire crate with her bed, pee pad, food, and water. Let Hobbs continue to have free run of the house.
Advantage(s): It is a small space where she'll feel secure, she won't chew anything up, she won't potty everywhere.
Drawback: She and/or Hobbs might bark bc they want to play with each other or bc she wants to get out.

2. Put Hobbs and the new puppy in the kitchen together with a baby gate or x-pen.
Advantage over the crate: She will have the companionship of Hobbs (I am not the least bit worried that he would hurt her).
Drawback(s): I am not sure if it is a small enough space in order for her to feel really secure, and Hobbs will probably bark bc he wants out since he's used to having free run of the house.

So, I'm taking a poll....which one do you think is best?! Or, if you have another suggestion, PLEASE share!
I would like to help you but since I've never been put in that situation , I am no help unless you want to bring me the new little girl and I'll just keep her. lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!