View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #36
Lorrie
No Longer a Member

So I arose late (did I mention I went to bed late?). Went shopping, did a bit of gardening, did as few household chores as I thought I could get away with. Then I thought, I wonder if America is awake yet? Of course you are - bless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82
LOL i do not talk like that. i'm from north jersey, and sound more like i'm from new york city. i don't have that jersey accent that everybody assumes we all have. ...silly south jersey people with their jimmies, and hoagies, and weird accents....
I do so love accent-spotting though I'm useless at the American ones. I was born in Devon, UK and picked up a very strong accent. Then moved to London and it got very mixed up with the Cockney accent. The South East London accent (where I live now) is quite different again and that's got mixed in as well. Now, nobody actually knows where I come from
Quote:
also, i don't think anyone under 30 uses the word swoony anymore, must be more of an older generation thing hehehe
Back at you kid. Don't mock your elders. I'm only 1 year away from the hated 0 birthday. Still, at least our wonderful Government will give me a pension that may be enough to feed a Yorkie for 6 months and I get a free public bus pass too. Howzat for wild living? Plus - there's no substitute for err... experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
Lorrie...K didn't mean any offense to your gardening skills, she was just trying to boot me out of the house and into the mud so she could have your kitchen all to herself, since she knows I do both....though if you saw her yard, you would know she's not half bad at that either.
reverse scam...lol...you'll end up with 2 pups and and a new kitchen...and who knows what else if this keeps up.
No offence taken - I know my manure is the best around - there are riding stables a short distance away. Yeah! and a farm with real cows - suburbia ain't what it used to be. I have to congratulate you and K on your superb marketing skills though - two-pronged attack-wise you could have written the manual
Lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!