View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #15
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Default one more thing

Make sure he is not getting too cold at night. Chloe's 2 comas both happend during the night. The first was because she went too long without eating and the second was because she got cold(I felt like the worse mother ever. I had a blanket in her crate but apparently she would just lay on top of it). If they get cold they use a lot of energy to shiver to try and keep warm so it uses up all their body's "fuel". So once I found this out I kept chloe in a larger crate at night and kept food and water and a heating pad on one half of the crate that way if she was too warm she could get off of the heating pad and go to the other side of the crate. I really felt so bad that I had to learn things the hard way with chloe. BUt after I got the crate situated and fed her every 3 hours we never had a problem again and when she was a little over 6 months of age she started sleeping with us in our bed at night and I didnt have to worry about feeding her every 3 hours anymore. She just eats whenever she wants.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!