View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dogs
I'd love to use a coupler with my two little ones. My old shepherd has arthritis and needs little walks and not the marathon ones my lab/dobie needs. It would sure help me out if I could have Robbie join Roxy and Rubie on their walks. My concern is that there is too much of a size difference between the girls. Ruby is already 5.4 lbs at 13 weeks old and Roxy is 2.2 lbs. On top of this, Ruby attacks her walks with great gusto but Roxie - no matter how fast her little legs go - she is no match to keep up.

Is a coupler only a dream in my situation or do I just need to wait until the girls understand the "stay with me" command?

BTW - my girls are litter mates and I am looking for a really good smart response for all the people who ask me "whats wrong" with Roxy because she is so delicate and the size difference exists. At the moment I just tell them nothing - Ruby is just big boned. But it's getting on my nerves! A lady at the vet's went so far as to say she hoped I didn't pay a lot of money for Roxy because she probably wasn't healthy.
5.4 lbs is definitely NOT big . . . some people just are soooo rude. My Tiger is perfect at 5 plus pounds and would not have it other way. My Annika is tiny also as she is only 2.3 lbs at 15 weeks . . . I would be happy if she gets to be over 4 pounds . . .getting them to use a coupler early is a good thing. Perhaps they will wonder what the d---l is this extra leash but am sure they'll get the hang of it . . .
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!