View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #13
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ30
Do you wash Sissy's bum w/ shampoo every time after she poos? I've been doing it w/ water only. Is that good enough?

I haven't washed her bum at all, other than her weekly bath. That was not in the information the vet gave me. This last treatment she was on the Metronidazole in a liquid form that the pharmacy specially made for her, twice a day for 10 days. The 1st time she was treated with Pancur for 3 days, just once per day, sprinkled over her food. Since she was eating dry food, I would roll the powder into cheese and she would gobble it down.

She doesn't get her stool re-tested now for another 6 weeks. We also treated our other dog this time with Pancur in a pill form, twice a day for 5 days. Hopefully, we will get good news when it is time for the stool sample.

There isn't really any standing water in our yard, though it did rain very heavily for three weeks in May. Our flower beds in the yard are lined with cedar bark and Sissy likes to grab pieces of the bark and chew them. I'm thinking that was the culprit, but I guess we'll never know for sure!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!