View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #15
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Cry Oh your poor Dad!

I know that when my Dad would cry on those rare occasions, it affected me like no other tears could. I know your heart is breaking for him, honey, but there isn't a whole lot you can do. Unfortunately, your Dad got himself into this situation, and he is the only one that can get himself out.

I agree, he should seek some counseling. It is possible that there may be an employee mental health program at work, and he might want to ask his HR person about that.

I am sure the worst of it is the fact that he feels that it SHOULD be over due to the negative circumstances, but he still obviously has feelings for the woman, or he wouldn't have gone over there. Then there is the fact that as long as they work together, he has to face his "mistake" every single working day. This alone would make any man completely miserable... but to be attacked like that?? OH MY!

Because he is her supervisor, is there maybe a way he can get her transferred to another department? I really think he should speak with a friendly ear in HR. If he's been there a long time, there may be a sympathetic person there he can speak with.

Gosh I hope this works out OK for your Dad! Give him loads of love, understanding, and help right now, and just be there for him. That's really all you can do.

By the way, youngster, your Dad is MY AGE!!! Hang in there, and all the best to Dad!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!