View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
DJ30
YT Addict

Default Bowl of Food in Bed

Angel is 5 months old and is on Nutro Max Mini Chunk, which is what the breeders were feeding her. She is not readily eating her meals. We were told we could put a few grains of rice in it to coax her. This sometimes works but not always. She will sniff it and just eats the rice. I picked her up on the weekend from the breeders, and they said she could still be adjusting so that's why she's not eating. Well, I found out today that she has giardia. I don't know if this is another reason why she's not eating. Anyway, I've tried jiggling the bowl or throwing her kibble on the ground for her to eat. Sometimes the latter works. I just put her ceramic bowl in her bed for dinner tonight and she started to eat. Is it okay to do this? When she does eat, she sometimes takes a kibble from the bowl on the ground to her bed. It seems to be her favourite spot.

It's frustrating that she's not eating and has to have something on it before she eats but then she doesn't always eat. The only times she'll definitely eat is when she gets the deli meat. I also got a can of Nutro Max Puppy from the breeders for teething. She'll definitely eat her food if that's mixed in.

This is her feeding schedule (Something is usually mixed w/ Kibble):

8:00 a.m. Kibble
12:00 p.m. A few pieces of Professor Connor's Deli Fresh meat
2:00 p.m. Kibble
6:00-7:00 p.m. Kibble

Is it common for Yorkies to drink after they eat as she doesn't?

Last edited by DJ30; 06-14-2006 at 03:28 PM.
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!