View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
Missy's Mommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Star

Have you tried to feed her a bland diet such as steamed white rice and boiled chicken breast or boiled hamburger meat? I think if you made some of that and that was the only choice she had (hide the cheese! lol) she will eat it. I believe its 2 or 3 parts rice to 1 part meat. Just give her about 1tbl every 4 hours. I remember now, thats what I did with Missy when she was 9weeks with coccidia and she ate it and it helped a lot! Coccidia is very curable but also takes a lot out of them and they definatly need to eat, I wouldn't give her any more cheese. Missy recently had diariah from eating a new bone she wasnt used to so the vet gave her medicine for her diariah, the medicine constipated her and she was constipated for 4 days! It was so scarey, knowing your yorkie baby is constipated is just as bad as knowing they have diariah. Good luck! I know your baby will be 100% relieved of her coccidia once your done with the medicine but she does need to eat especially at her size, give the bland diet a try
Missy's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!