View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Yole
Yorkie Talker

Cry Does she have cushings?

I have a 3 year old Yorkie and she has not been acting "normal" for the last 2 weeks. On Sunday 06/03, she was very mellow all afternoon and the same on Monday morning. She didn't want to play, eat or drink. She was just lying down. When I came back home from work that Monday afternoon, she had had very little diarrhea but it had a lot of mucus and some blood.
I rushed her to her vet where they did some blood work and a fecal analysis and almost everything looked normal with the exception of the protein levels that were a little bit low. At that time my little one was acting completely normal so the vet said to just keep an eye on her.
Everything was ok until yesterday afternoon that she started being very inactive again and soon there after she started throwing up water and then she'd drink more water and she'd throw up again only water. This happened like 3 times so I called the emergency vet and they said that if she wasn't throwing up any more to wait until Monday to see her regular vet. Right after that call she was completely normal again. Playing and eating and no more vomit.
This afternoon when I cameback from work she's mellow again, just lying down on the carpet. As you can see, she gets "sick" out of nothing and like magic she gets better. Sorry for my long message but I'm really worried about her. I have a question, does this sounds like it could be cushings? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yole is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!