View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #46
Lorrie
No Longer a Member

I've just done my tiny little bit of anti-scamming. Having been searching for a Yorkie for the best part of a month, I found for the first time a very busy UK (sell anything) web-site that has clearly been scammed to within an inch of its server space. In the Yorkies section there were well over 50 obvious scams and I was already frustrated. There were 4 that may interest YT members and may well be circulating US puppy sales and other sites where noobies to purchasing dogs could be taken in. Here they are in all their glory. I've quoted all the details given. The omissions tell a tale in themselves

1) It's not particularly helpful to quote in $ and offer to ship to the UK from Africa, what with our pathological fear of rabies. AKC registered is not readily acknowledged over here as a selling point. The prose style does seem better than most, though.
Quote:
Female Teacup Yorkie $500(Shipping Included)
Advertiser's status: private . Ad type: forsale . Date: 06-06-2006

Daisy the entertaining little adorable queen female yorkie is now ready to get to a new home for an affordable price.She is 14weeks old of age,vet checked,registered akc,gotten shots with records available,health papers and with a one year health guarantee.I have to move into a new apartment and my landlord will not let me house her.We are located here in Luanda Angola but with shipping available to all destinations by air.We need someone who will spoil her rotten with love and affection.If you can then let us know
2) Reading just like some YT Breeders' adverts. But with a few flourishes added badly and incorrectly to re-inforce the message.
Quote:
Adorable Tea Cup Yorkie puppies for sale 250pounds
Advertiser's status: trade . Ad type: forsale . Date: 22-05-2006

Each Puppy come with a Puppy Kit which includes: A comprehensive care guide. A customizable folder for important papers and health records. Food coupon to get you started on the right food and sample bag of food for you to take home with your new puppy. A puppy toy with their mama dog scent on it. A sample of our doggie litter we use in their litter boxes. AKC purebred reg papers. Vet health checked, shots and worm freeRegistered-Pedigree
Health Guarantee
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
Micro-Chipped (Incase ever lost or stolen)
Current on all vaccinations
Wormed
Puppy Packet (Toys, Dog bones, Vaccination schedule and history, Crate Training info., Potty Training info.)
Already Paper Trained
Travel Crate with shipping We will ship our babies any where
3) The typical - who do you think you're kidding? - but maybe only to those who have been scammed before.
Quote:
an adorable yorkshire terrier puppy looking for a good home
Advertiser's status: trade . Ad type: forsale . Date: 24-04-2006

hello,i have an adorable yorkshire terier puppy looking for a good home.she is wll trained and very sociable with kids and adults.her name is sandra.i am located in buea/cameroon.i will be very impressed to see her giving a good and loving home.interested persons should email me for more dtails.

best reagards..
4) Give them as little info. as possible then reel them in when they contact you. But I think this scammer is beginning to lose the will to live
Quote:
Yorkshire terrier
Advertiser's status: trade . Ad type: forsale . Date: 19-04-2006

AKC ND NJC REGISTERED YORKIE AVAILABE HERE,HE IS VET CHECKED,CURRENT ON VACCINATIONS MICRO CHIPPED (MAYBE STOLEN OR LOST) HE WEIGHS 5LBS
I have e-mailed the UK website and reported all the scams to the Metropolitan Police. It took ages but I enjoyed every minute of it
Lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!