View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Registration papers??? Help!

Ok, so when I got Oscar, I signed a non-breeding contract with my breeder saying that I had to have him neutered within 150 days of purchase - which I have done. The contract then says "The breeder will not register the dog in the owner's name until proof of neuter has been supplied. The owner acknowledges that he/she has signed a NON-BREEDING AGREEMENT to be duly registered with the CKC. If the owner does not provide such proof in a timely manner, any additional costs levied by the CKC and associated with late registration will be borne by the Owner."

Ok.. what does that MEAN? I sent her a nice long email about Oscar and how he was doing, and that he had been neutered, that it was a cryptorchid neuter, etc. and all she wrote back was "he's gorgeous, thanks for the update". She made no mention of the above contract clause... I DON'T understand registration papers, etc... CAN SOMEONE FILL ME IN? Some people thought I needed them in order to travel with Oscar - but I thought I just needed his vaccination record?

Basically, I need to write her back, but I dont want to sound like a complete moron and I'd like to know exactly what I'm supposed to be asking her for.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!