View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

just to add something else. I"ve been in the tech's shoes and i've also been in the receptionist's shoes. If something like that happened where i worked we would have searched the files, and the appt book first to see if someone wrote it on the wrong day. If there's nothing there we would ask the client if they would mind if we switched it to a later day. If they agreed then great. If not, next step would be to tell the Vet what happened and see if he could squeeze the puppy in or switch around the surgery schedule to see if another vet could do it or do something else. yes it was one of the staff's fault for not writing it in the book, and the staff would do everything possible to get that surgery done that day. sometimes it doesn't work out though and teh owner goes home with their puppy and another surgery day. the point is a good vet staff should be polite and do everything they can to accomidate the client if the mistake was their own fault. They should never be rude to a client (though there are some instances where it is neccesary).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!