Thread: ? Thread Closed
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty
I read the thread too. The person did not threaten to shoot their dog. What was said is that if dogs chase her livestock and on her grandfathers farm if dogs chase/bite livestock then they get shot around their places. I know of lots of farmers that will and do shoot dogs that chase/bite livestock. This person was trying to tell the one with the bitting yorkie that things like this do happen and it could have easily been their yorkie. I have seen my grandfather shoot a dog in front of it's owner for chasing his livestock. The owner did nothing to keep the dog from doing it and it was shot. It was taken to court and my grandfather won. He had the right to defend his property against a vicious dog. I did take the "teach you a lesson" as a threat though. I am glad admin closed the thread. I really think someone started the thread just to stir up trouble. I am saddened to think their are people out there that do this.
I'm not going to get myself in trouble by agreeing or disagreeing with shooting a dog for being on someone's property, but I do have to say that being from Jersey and not having livestock, I can't understand it. If I lived out west and owned expensive livestock, I might think differently.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!