View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
kristalk2006
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Peach was attacked

I did all my research, read a million books and have done everything “right” since I got Peach. I don’t want her to be super dog...I just want her to be able to be around ALL people and ALL animals and not be aggressive or shy...basically I wanted her to be a nice, well mannered dog.

Well on Saturday all that went out the window! My best friend brought her dog, Aggie over, who is a great dog...with people... but apparently NOT with other dogs.

I have never had a problem with her and our Bulldog, but our bulldog just ignores her and sleeps when she is visiting...and I guess you could say he has doggie manners, you know doesn’t bother Aggie when she is drinking, eating, playing... whatever. Peach is a puppy, so she doesn’t yet have those manners.

Anyway everything was going fine then my friend throws a ball, well, Peach ran after it I guess Aggie didn’t like that so she attacked her. Peach screamed, my friend was standing right there so she could pull them apart but not before she dislocated her Jaw (Peach) and cut on her face, the vet also thinks she may have lost a tooth in the attack.

I understand that things happen and I know Peach will heal physically, but I am so upset about the apparent “mental” repercussions this is causing. First it took her a few hours before she would even let me touch her, she just wanted to cry in a corner by herself. AND CRY LOUD. Then yesterday, I thought she was doing better, she was acting fine – like nothing happened...but last night I took her to her second puppy class. (first one was last Monday – before the attack) Well the “happy-go-lucky-Princess-Peach” sat either in the corner or behind my legs and cried the whole class, AND the worst part is when another puppy came close she went nuts – showing teeth, growling and barking. The trainer is optimistic and seams to think that she will get over it, she wants me to bring her back today and Friday... but I feel like all that work socializing her I did is gone out the window.

So I guess I am asking...has anyone ever had a pup get over a trauma like this?

Thanks for the help, and sorry it was so long...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!