View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
RockyDog
Yorkie Yakker

Default Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injury

I have been off and trying to find out what is wrong with my Rocky. We got Bullwinkle 6 weeks ago as a play mate for Rocky. Rocky is 5 years and Bullwinkle is 14 weeks. Took Rocky a week to let Bully stay. ((smile))

Rocky started limping and I thought oh great his knees. We 2 nights ago he and Bully were chasing and having a good ol'time and Rocky turned a yelled out in pain. Of course I took him in. Had 3 x-rays and found out that his knees are great, but he has blown out the lagiments that hld the two bones together. Aso showed that it must have happend before on the right leg, arthritis already setting in on the right leg, and muscel mass has decreased on the right leg. Now the left. He is limping and will limp to got to the potty and back to laying down.

We cannot afford to put out the $$ to do both legs. We are going to wait and see how he fairs. He could be just o.k. and no jumping or stairs from here on out. Or he could be in alot of pain. My hubby, son, daughter and I cried our eyes out last night to think of having to put him down. He is only 5 years old.

Anyone else ever have this happen to their baby?
RockyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!