View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
dezertblu
YT Addict

Default standing still

I started moe on getting used to staying still from very small, as I knew one day trimming and cutting would be in his future.I started with his combing, making him stay very still when I combed around his eyes, and praising him for staying still, or making a tich tich sound if he moved, he soon knew if I made the tich tich sound he was moving when he shouldnt.I then graduated to scissors sooner than I wanted to due to the gum incident, long story so i wont go into it, but it was the longest 4 hours of my life to trim him to extremely short and be free of gum and have his coat look even.Whenever I trim around his eyes, which began with scissors, I would say moe sit still, and use the tich tich sound if he even looked like he was thinking of moving....we got hubby a remington hair shaver ceramic blades for his birthday and it came with a free sideburns /mustach trimmer, thought I would try it on Moe, he was scared to death of the sound of the trimmer, so I had to take a few days of turning the trimmer on and showing him it wasnt going to hurt him, he now lets me use it, and the actual shaver I had to do the same, let him get used to its sound first, so then keeping him still was easier.I know its probably not how the pros cut hair tich tich, but it worked for moe and me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!