Thread: hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
Lorrie
No Longer a Member

Hi Leehawnshee
So sorry to hear about the loss of Milo. Hopefully a new puppy will help to soften the terrible blow.
Well... yes I tried the Kennel Club. No South East Breed Club or Society. One in Eastern Counties but that was the only one without contact details. Contact KC it says. So I did, by e-mail, 3 times. No reply - I telephoned and would you believe they said they are only prepared to give out that information to a registered breeder or the owner of a registered dog. Typical British bureaucracy.

sashajade
So far, epupz has been a dead loss.
There was a 5 year old in the rescue section living apparently about 300 yards from me. E-mailed - no response. Telephoned - the wrong number had been quoted on the website. Drove past - the house looked empty. Loitered a bit and chatted to a neighbour. The owners went abroad months ago and took the dog with them.

I have contacted several advertisers of puppies, but, somehow I don't get a cosy feeling about any of them. Few seem to be responsive to questions, they are almost evasive and even fewer seem to understand why I am asking them. Clearly not breeders - well I hope they're not.

Found someone in Essex calling herself a breeder. No puppies at the moment but I will let you know when I expect some. Heard nothing - 4 months later she was advertising a new brood on epupz.

Guess it's going to be several long journeys for me if I want a puppy from a "proper" breeder.

It's embarrassing really. This is the home country of the Yorkshire Terrier and I have to come to an (essentially) American website to meet genuine, lovely people who are true Yorkie lovers

Should I emigrate to the land beyond the Western Ocean
Lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!