Thread: Collar question
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

There shouldn't be a problem with leaving the collar on the dog while you are there. Ok besides the normal problems with leaving any collar on your dog, it could be strangled or what not, which is something to watch. The only thing I've heard, and I've only heard this, is that if there is a storm things could go wrong with the collar and dogs have been severly shocked while wearing collars during storms, again I don't know this has never happened to me but something I might be concerned about.

We use the fence on our big dogs. It works great for us. They have their regular fence that they are in but if we are going to be outside for any length of time we get them out so they can hang out around us. In the beginning we would go in at lunch or something for a short period of time but now we will go in for a little while longer. They have earned a little bit more trust now. The only other thing I can say is that if the dog goes through the fence they are more than likely not going to want to come back through in fear of getting shocked again. I've had it happend both ways. They have gone through and come back and another time I had to drag one of my dogs(without the collar, I took it off) back through because he thought he was going to get shocked. So just watch if he/she does go through its very likely it won't return home.

Last edited by Hickey007; 06-12-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Hickey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!