View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #18
CoCo's Family
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ridequads
All I can say is stitches29 you know my dog like the back of your hand. I have had him for 2 weeks now and he has been the best boy ever. (Except for the part of not wanting to eat.) Tried everything. I must have 4 bags of dog food in my pantry. We tried the Loaf thing with him and the first time he would eat it like it was the best thing ever. Then the second time he wouldnt even touch it. We have been making him some chicken, rice, and carrots. He eats that really well. We have had two scares with him though. He had to be rushed to the vet twice with hypoglycimia. My vet said he has coccidia and that is why he kept becoming hypoglycemic. He only has one more day of meds to go but he is already way better. He eats now. And we have been giving him nutrical a couple of times a day. We started cutting back when he started eating.
I was lucky on the crate training part. His mommy before me had already started him because he was being shipped. So he didnt mind being in his little room. I dont have a small crate for him. I got a bigger one so he could be in it and play. So far he loves it. We have a pillow at one end and a puppy pad at the other and for the most part he wont go in his crate. He will if its the last resort but every morning about 6:30 he wakes up and starts barking at me to take him outside to go potty and he does. If he is in the house just roaming around he will run around until he finds his puppy pad and go on it. couldnt ask for a better puppy. Every day is a learning experience with this little guy but i wouldnt trade it for anything.
Your puppy is wonderful. Very, very smart-- to call you at his age to go potty. They are amazing little dogs. My Yorkie is 12 yrs. old now, she has made us happy every day of her little life. She is the best thing that ever happened to us or anyone else lucky enough to own a Yorkie. One word of caution, anyone dog who eats too much human food (high in protein) can develope internal problems. So, careful on the table scraps. My CoCo now has kidney disease and we are beside ourselves with sorrow and worry. She has a sonogram on Saturday, to see how extensive it is. Take care of your sweet little one and best of luck to you.
CoCo's Family
CoCo's Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!