View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #11
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

If its just a UTI its not a real big deal. Well it is and can get much worse especially if left untreated. Its definately something to take your dog to the vet about just not something to completely freak out about. It could also be something worse though. Our bloodhound had a UTI(she didn't have blood in her urine yet, so we also caught it early). I didn't even know dogs could get UTIs but when I saw her straining to pee and doing this every two seconds I knew what it was. I myself get them fairly regularly and know how PAINFUL it is. I felt so bad for her she would squat down and just hang her head I knew it hurt. I went in right away and checked to see if dogs could get them on the web and sure enough they can and sure enough she had. Once we took her to the vet and got meds I tried to get her to drink as much water as possible. I would put water in her food. Although I would make sure its a UTI before doing this, if somethings blocked I don't know that filling her with water would be a good thing.
But like everyone said take the pup to the vet quick if you haven't already.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!