View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #5
alabamadreamers
Yorkie Talker

I have not tried the car seat. We travel frequently as my husband's job requires it. Max always travels in his crate. I strap it in the middle of the back seat of the truck (lap portion of the belt on the front of the crate/shoulder portion over the top). Seems to be pretty secure. We then place a couple of toys (Kong bone, teething toy and one of his stuffed animals) in the crate with him. He can see both of us as we are driving and alternates between sleeping and playing with the toys. When we first started traveling with him, he would whine but is now used to the routine and only whines when he needs to "go potty"(approx every 2-3 hours now) at which point we stop at the next rest area or the best grassy spot we can find. On our last trip (Texas to Alabama) he actually stayed awake for several hours watching the trees go by so am now thinking about raising the crate up in the seat so he can see out the window.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!