View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Jo-Jo
YT Addict

Hi Mary...thank you and I don't mind you asking at all. Boog had trouble from the day we got him and one thing led to another. He went to rest when he was 12 and I think he was diagnosed within the last 3 or 4 years so he was either 8 or 9 when diagnosed. He was always a stocky little Yorkie...he was only about 9" tall and weighed about 5 or 6 pounds so he was never thin...just healthy looking. When he would gain fluid he would go up to 7 and 8 pounds and have trouble breathing. The strange thing about Boog was that no matter what he had going on health wise he always had the most beautiful shiny coat and I've always heard a dog's health will show in the coat. But...Boog never did follow the rules! I had never heard of this disease before our vet mentioned it to us but now that they're familiar with it first hand she told me a couple weeks ago that she has another Yorkie she's treating for the same thing. I don't know the people but when she told me about their baby I got teary eyed and my heart just broke for them. I'm sorry to hear of your loss also but it will get better with a little time. I can actually laugh now when I remember something silly that Boog would do...like the night he got caught in the live trap trying to sneak the bait for a midnight snack...but I still get teary eyed over him too.
Teri
Jo-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!