View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2
I have a 1.5 year old yorkie that has been sick for two weeks and we cannot find the problem. She is not eating and her B.U.N. levels are way high. She has been to two different vets and in the ICU for four days getting fluids. She has had numerous blood tests, x-rays and an ultra sound of her kidneys. Neither vet could identify the problem. She is back home now but is not eating and is not active at all. Do any of you have any ideas of what it could be? I do not know what to do?
You must be worried sick! I don't know what Joey may have but I can help with the dehydration and eating. Since I went through that with Jewel. It worked for her and I pray it works for your kiddo.

Dan made fresh chicken broth for her. Here's what we did:

Dan used the boneless dark meat and added some herbs in the water for more flavor and aroma. Strained the broth through a strainer lined with paper towel to get out as much fat as possible. Adding the chicken to her food should help entice her to eat! Jewel just couldn't get enough of it which was a huge relief to us.

Jewel's doctor told us she should get at least 1/4 cup a water for a 3.5 lbs. dog per day. So we measured out 1/2 cups portions, put them in separate containers and stored them in the fridge. It made it easier for us to keep track of how much water she actually drank. They are good for about 4 days in the fridge. You can freeze the extra. I pre-cut the cooked chicken meat and put it in a separate container and heated up portions as I fed her. Oh! Warm up the water too! Zap it for like 10 seconds.

You may also want to get copies of her lab results and look up what each line of tests mean. I actually caught something that the doctor missed! I made notes all over my copy took it with me to the doctor and went over it line by line. Make comparisons to her past tests and you can see where she's been and where she's at.

Here is a terrific and easy to understand site to help you read the lab results: http://www.labtestsonline.org/map/aindex.html

I hope for a quick cure/recovery for your baby.
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!