View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #47
ralphie's mom
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YORKIE7
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Ralphie being large, but you said ''I did a great deal of reading before I got Ralphie', did you not research the breeder before purchasing Ralphie? It seems like it is a hard lesson to learn but you know what to look out for next time you buy a puppy. I think also that the larger yorkie shouldn't have been bred, however at the end of the day, you have a beautiful boy, that is healthy, and that is the most important thing (imo)
No, My line of thinking was to avoid the puppies that are mass produced and more or less bred for income, because I was scared it wouldnt be as healthy, and to look to someone local with just one litter. If i had know that so much variation existed, I would have done more research, and i should have. But I have always had dachsunds my whole life and no matter where I got them from, they were always long and looked like a weiner dog... so I just assumed this would be the same way.Now I know better.

However I do feel like i deserve atleast a partial refund. This is how I explained to a friend:

say for your whole life you always wanted a mustang then finally in 2006 you have the money and you have been looking at pictures of them everywhere , so you order you one and they ship it to you, well when you get it, it doesn’t look like a 2006 mustang, it s doesn’t really look like a mustang at all. so you call them up and what they tell you is " Naw baby . its still got the mustang leather, the mustang engine and the mustang emblem. it’s a mustang! you don’t want your car to look like every other car you see out on the road. that one's SPECIAL" you would still be upset because it doesn’t look like what you wanted. it doesn’t look like any mustang you see on TV, the internet , the interstate , and the whole reason you wanted a mustang and saved up your money is because you liked the way they LOOK.

that is how I feel, except you can sell a car and I can not sell ralphie, i love him too much. and yes he is wonderful and cute but my point is he was expensive and not as advertised. And now i have lost the option to breed him as he has these undesirable traits...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!