Thread: Very very MAD
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Timmy
Mimi & Gabby too!
Donating Member

Angry Very very MAD

My Timmy has been sick since yesterday. I noticed that he hadn't eaten or drank water and was throwing up and had the runs. Last night I had him in the bed with me and he was so weak and looked like he didn't have the energy to walk. I called his vet this morning and asked for an appointment today and explained what was going on and that I was very concerned. They told me that they didn't have any appointments available today and gave me one for tomorrow morning. They also told me to give him white rice and pepto bismal. I wasn't very happy about that. I then hung up the phone and called his daddy and told him what the vet had said. He wasn't to happy either. I then decided to look in the phone book and call another vet. The first vet I called was able to see him within the hour so daddy took him to the doctor because I was at work. Then daddy called me from the doctor and told me that they took him to the back and started IV fluids because he was dehydrated. Then I really blew up and started to cry so I called his vet and asked them to fax me his shot record and can I tell you the receptionist got nasty with me! Oh she really got it from me! I decided that I would no longer take him there because that was the second incident I asked for him to be seen and they never could see him that same day. My fiancee told me the new vet was wonderful, very helpful and explained everything in detail. They provided him with diet food until he gets better and gave him medicine.

So when I got into town he was already home and when he seen me he was as happy as can be and had so much energy because of the fluids they gave him.

I just had to vent because I keep thinking what if? What if I didn't call another doctor. You all know the mommy in us is always right.
Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!