View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #5
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northview5
I need advise really bad! Three weeks ago we had to put our Tobey to sleep. Tobey and Pepper were the best of friends, and although Pepper seemed to miss Tobey, he was fine. I think he was loving all the extra attention that was being lavished on him.

Since Tobey had some major socialization issues, we worked very, very hard with Pepper to keep him socialized and happy. He's just over 1 year old and had been an awsome dog. Well, Sunday we picked up our new puppy and thought everything would be wonderful. IT'S NOT! Pepper is miserable! He will hardly play with the puppy or with us. His spunk is gone. He barked at my customer today (usually he loves customers - they mean he gets attention!) His smile is gone from his face. His eyes look pitifully worried.

We are trying everything we can think of and today we are in tears. It will BREAK OUR HEARTS if this ruins Pepper. We have been trying to give Pepper extra attention. We have tried keeping the two of them seperate. My sister, who is Pepper's favorite, won't pick up the puppy in front of Pepper and still he is upset. He is showing aggression, WILL NOT share any toys (all Kongs are HIS!)

How long do you let this go on? Does anyone have any experience you can share with us? We are scared silly that Pepper will never be the same again. I am really desperate for advise.... ~Allison

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Pepper is just grieving the loss of his best friend. It will take a little time. Just be patient with him and don't push the issue. I would think they will be fine in a few days once, he realizes the puppy is not just visiting.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!