View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
CarizDiz
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Not eating dog food please help

Heres the story:

I had my yorkie, louis. He was a puppy and i was leaving to hawaii so i gave him to my mom. Im back now and he's about a year old. She took really great care of him. He is a really good dog, but one of the things she did was she stopped giving him his regular dog food. He started eating their scraps, and my mom always takes him to mcdonalds to get him a mcchicken I told her that its very unhealthy for him to always be eating that and he needs to get back to eating his normal food.

The Problem:

When i left he was eating science diet for puppys, so i bought science diet. I put it in his bowl, and he payed no attention to it. I knew that it would take him a little while to get used to it again, but its not even progressing. I took away his greenie chew toys, because he was using it as food. I told my mom not to give him anything, that he needs to learn that THAT was his food. We had a little session where i put a piece of food in his mouth and told him to stay, so he kept it there.lol. and then eventually ate it. But he wont eat out of the bowl. now we put some steak in there and he wont even eat that. its been about a day and a half since he ate. he wont eat it. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?
CarizDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!