View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
BabyFidgette
Learn Yorkie CPR!
Donating Member

Angry I Had to Call the Cops on My Jeweler Yesterday!

As some of you know I was supposed to get married in Aug 2005. Well, my (ex)fiancé decided to call off the wedding June 2005, two months before our wedding! I was a MESS and my mother lost a lot of money! So, in Jan. 2006 I got up enough courage to go to the jeweler we bought our rings from (engagement, 2 wedding bands) to see if they wanted to buy them back. The guy said that he would try to sell them for me, and we agreed on a price. He said to give him until March 2005 to try and sell them, and if he didn't, he'd give me my rings back.

Well, March came and went and no word. I called a few times, and no manager was ever there. A few weeks ago I finally got the owner on the phone. He claims he knew nothing about it (yeah right)!!

To make a long story short, he said he would find out. Two weeks ago he said a guy put down a deposit, and that he would pay by June 1st. June 1st came, guy didn't come. He should pay by the 3rd. Nope still didn't come to pay.

The owner left me a message yesterday and said that if the guy didn't pay in full by Wednesday he would give me $1000 to hold me over! I don't think so!! He owes me $4300 and I want my money now! I've waited long enough and I've been paying insurance on these rings for six months and they're not in my possesion!

So I went to the store with my cousin and friend, and of course the manager wasn't there. We got him on the phone and he wanted to give me a piece of jewelry to hold me over! NOPE!! I said give me my rings, or my money today or else we're calling the cops.

Well, we called the cops and the cop talked to the guy on the phone. The cop said that an employee better write a receipt saying that he must give me my money on June 7th, or else we're bringing him to court!!! Wooohooo!!! I'm finally definitely going to get my money!! I know he's not going to mess around anymore! He won't jeopordize his business.

Sorry for the long post! But on Wed, I will be $4300 richer, and my ex will still be paying off my engagement ring for YEARS to come! O well! He shouldn't have proposed if he wasn't serious. His excuse: I want to be a confirmed bachelor for the rest of my life. Give me a break!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!