View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

I have some soft-coated, easily matted critters and I have found the most wonderful tool. It is a mat rake..It has very short blades so you don't have to worry about scratching the puppy's skin. The blades are sharp but they are shaped so they also don't cut anything but the hair in the mat. You can turn half the blades to cut in one direction and half to do the other. I think Pet Smart has it and it is close to $20.00 but for the good it does, it is worth it. I order everything...let me see if it is in some catalog. If so, you can find it on line..Okay, I found it....It is in Pet Edge under "Dematting Tools With Comfort Handles" and number ZX01001; matbreakerw/ Blades; $10.99. If you decide to get it at Pet Smart it is $19.95, I think. Anyhow, I have found it works on every hair type and heavy mats or light ones. If a mat is REALLY thick, do it gradually a few mins at a time. I sometimes will use some conditioner and leave it in til I get the mat out. My dogs don't like it but they don't fight like tigers either.
If you ant to know how to turn the blades, PM me when you get the tool...
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!