Thread: Petsmart Drama
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Bridget's Mommy
YT Addict

Default Petsmart Drama

Just have to vent about my Petsmart experience today...
I was over by the area where they do the pet adoptions. There is an enclosed glass area with cages inside and there were a few cats and one small dog. There were 3 little girls in there and their mom was standing outside the enclosure basically letting them run wild. The kids were jumping around and yelling loudly inside the enclosure. I could see that the animals were agitated. One little girl starts banging this stick pinwheel thing on one of the cages over and over. The poor kitty inside was freaking out. Finally I just couldn’t hold back anymore. I was ticked off that these kids were in there getting these poor animals worked up and banging on cages and the mom is doing nothing. I gently mentioned to her that it’s probably not a good idea to let her daughter bang on the cage that the animals seemed upset. She told me that her kids were just fine and to mind my own business. I was shocked speechless and just walked away. Of course you think of a million things to say after you’ve walked away, but its probably better that I did walk away I was so steamed! I was still worried about the animals, so when I went up to the register, I mentioned it to a couple ladies and one of them went back immediately to check it out. Okay, I tattled, I probably should have just stayed out of it, but I wanted to be sure the animals were okay. Not trying to reignite the kids in public debate, I think we’ve covered that ground….. so I apologize in advance. It was just upsetting watching the animals getting agitated. Bad enough they are in cages, but to have these kids tormenting them was more than I could take.

Thanks for letting me vent... I've been upset about it all day!
Bridget's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!