View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
Joeysmom
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
I am so sorry you are going through this. It is absolutely normal to feel that way and only time will heal your broken heart and I know it doesn't seem like it now but it will get better. I have lost 3 Yorkies in the past and it never gets easier you just have to go through the grief. I always went and got another baby to love and it helps but there were days when you look at the new puppy and say I love you but your just not ----. But it does help. Have you considered a little bigger Yorkie or a little older one? My other 3 Yorkies were 6 7 and 18 lbs and they never had any accidents so it just happens sometimes no matter what size they are. I will keep you in my prayers and remember everyone grieves in their own way and time.
I definitely want to get a normal size yorkie. I didn't choose Joey because he was tiny. Actually I wasn't even in the market for a yorkie yet... it was in my future plan. But my friend was sharing pictures of her babies, and I just fell in love with him. He was the runt of the litter and was a miracle baby... he survived by sheer will and the tlc of Jeanie. But he was extremely fragile and I won't put myself through that again... I know accidents can happen no matter what the size of the dog ( my poor hubby ran over our 6 yo sheltie some years back and he never got over feeling guilty about it). But with a tiny yorkie, you can't protect them from everything... least of all themselves. The best we can tell, he broke his neck when he tripped and fell either in the yard or on our gravel road. He didn't fall OFF of anything, just tripped on the grass once, and the gravel another time. Anyhow... I don't want to hash that all out again. Thanks for the encouragement. It really does help.

deb
Joeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!