View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 AM   #8
Bailey's Peeps
Senior Yorkie Talker

Kristi - GO FOR IT! Approach it like a business, not a hobby, but have fun doing it. I've been in the business world for almost 40 years, had an accounting practice for over 15 years. The most successful startup businesses that I've seen have all been started by people who started doing for money what they had already been been doing for the joy of doing it. Don't worry about competition. Don't ignore it, but don't worry, either. Keep an eye on the competition and learn from them - both what they do well and what they mess up on. Quality rises to the top. If you produce a quality product and can get the word out (okay, YTers, if you've seen or bought Kristi's dresses, let people know - and not just on YT), you'll get the sales volume. Then you just have to know that you have pricing, etc. set up right so that you can actually be making money, not just selling dresses.

As I said at the beginning, just do it in a businesslike fashion. Fortunately, there are opportunities for you to start out as small as you need to, grow as big as you are able, and do it all while staying home with your family.

Best of luck - and let us all know how to find your dresses!
Bailey's Peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!