View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #8
mustangbee
Donating YT 9000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
I got in to work this morning and opened my email like I always do. One of the emails I received was sent from ebay on behalf of a member. The email is regarding a winning bid on an item and the message is exactly as follows:

Hi,

What are you doing ?? You want it or No ?? Why you don't answer to my emails? Let me know what's happening

Thanks

I have NOT placed any bids on ebay in well over 2 years (have forgotten my user id and password).....and was not a regular bidder when I did "actively" view and bid - had a total of maybe 15 winning bids that were all handled promptly by both me and the seller. My question is, since I can't get into ebay and access the item number (don't have user id and password to do this), do any of you think this could be a scam? It's not asking for any of my personal information and I really don't want to reply to it....and I can't report it to ebay without a user id and password. Any thoughts on this? It's REALLY odd and confusing!!!

Thanks for your help,
Suzi

I didn't think e-bay sent e-mails for members. I would send it to e-bay and do a virus scan on your computer. If you don't use e-bay anymore ask them to close your account, you can always open a new one if you want to go back.
Good Luck.
mustangbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!