View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogresort
I didn't want to bore everyone with the small details in the first post.. but since you're all reading this far, I'll give some more of the specific details of the facility:

- Human grade dog food made on site - 1 complimentary meal per day. The other meal will be a high quality commercial dog food. (Owners are, of course, allowed to bring the dogs food from home if they like)
- Lots of treats! Human grade liver treats, also made on site. (my dog goes nuts for these)
- Flooring will be a rubberish material, for comfort and sanitary reasons
- Skylights throughout the building - to bring in the light!
- People are free to visit and check out where their dog will be staying prior to booking

I'm also thinking about offering some sort of cheaper ($10-$15) introductory trial rate for anyone who wants to leave their dog in the facility for one night, just so that the dog can spend some time in the facility before the owner leaves for a week or something, and the owner can be sure the dog will be happy and cared for.
Any opinions on this?
I love all of your ideas. I thought about starting a boarding for dogs someday, won't be anytime soon though because it takes alot of money to get started. Here at a local boarding place for dogs they have all of what you have mentioned plus grooming and makeover and luxury message and bath. Other than that I think you have just about everything. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!